Embracing naturally radiant skin can be as simple as incorporating apricots into your skincare routine. A humble fruit, packed with vitamins and antioxidants, apricot benefits your skin in a multitude of ways.
From improving texture and reducing signs of aging to hydrating and nourishing, apricot uses in skin care may leave you surprised. Join us as we uncover the remarkable apricot benefits for skin.
Understand why we believe it is Godsent for skincare and discover how you can use it to gain a revitalized and youthful complexion.
What is Apricot?
Apricot is a little fruit also known as ‘khubani’ or ‘jardalu’ fruit in Hindi, ranging in color from yellow to orange. Apricots are a member of the Rosaceae family, just like almonds, peaches, and cherries.
The apricot benefits for skin stem from the nourishing properties of the fruit known to mankind for ages now. This fruit is great for everyday munching as well, since it is not only a healthy source of natural sugar but also a delightful treat.
Read on to find out some of the many apricot benefits:
1. Smoothing Out Wrinkles
One of the best apricot benefits is that it helps in the cell renewal by exfoliating away dead skin. The finely ground kernels are used for exfoliation which may lessen the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by removing dead, damaged skin cells from the skin’s surface.
The apricot’s moisturizing properties help counteract the drying effects of exfoliation while keeping your skin cells nourished. Using apricot daily can result in healthier, smoother skin, and more moisturized skin.
3. Skin Tone Improvement
The primary apricot uses are in exfoliation, which helps improve the appearance of uneven skin tone by removing dead and damaged cells. In addition to halting the pigmentation process, this fruit helps reveal younger, healthier skin cells under the surface.
4. Helps Fight Skin Aging
Apricot is good for skin and is rich in skin-nourishing vitamins A, C, and E, which help with instant glow and face tightening. Also rich in antioxidants, apricots help to prevent skin from aging prematurely due to exposure to UV rays and free radicals.
How to use an Apricot on your face?
Most apricot benefits may be obtained by eating the fruit. However, since apricot is good for skin, it can be a great addition to DIY skin care solutions.
Here’s how to incorporate apricot into your skin care routine:
1. Apricot Face Packs and Masks
- Exfoliating Face Mask: Apricot kernels, when ground into a fine powder, can be mixed with yogurt or honey. With a soft touch, use it as an exfoliating mask to eliminate dead skin cells.
- Hydrating Face Pack: Mix ripe apricots with a small amount of apricot oil. With this nourishing mask, you can hydrate and revitalize your skin.
- Brightening Mask: Apricot pulp mixed with lemon juice creates a paste. Apply it for 15 minutes to help brighten your skin tone.
2. Apricot Oil Usage
- Moisturizer: Apricot oil is a great moisturizer, rich in vitamins and antioxidants. It helps keep the skin hydrated without pore-clogging.
- Massage Oil: Light in texture yet nourishing to the skin, apricot oil is ideal for massages.
- Makeup Remover: Apricot oil-drenched cotton pads can be used to cleanse face makeup and effectively nourish the skin.
The anti-aging apricot benefits have made the fruit a popular ingredient in skin care. With regular consumption as well as usage in face packs and masks, you can gain a wealth of apricot benefits for skin. So, go ahead and give this wonderful fruit a try on your skin.