The term ‘heart attack’ brings along so many frightening thoughts, right? A heart attack happens when the blood flow to the heart is reduced or blocked. But what if we told you that some heart attacks give plenty of warning signs. Also, the signs of heart attack differ in both males and females. Some studies even state that men are at a higher risk of getting a heart attack. Therefore, it’s essential to find out the most common pre heart attack symptoms in men.
The common symptoms of heart attack among men
It’s unfortunate that most men don’t know they have a heart problem because of a lack of signs.
Moreover, the super hectic life these days might be keeping you on your toes, so paying attention to your body becomes all the more vital. Knowing the pre heart attack symptoms in males will help you take fast action and can save lives, maybe your own.
- Shortness of breath
- Profuse sweating for no apparent reason
- Discomfort or pain in arms, back, neck, abdomen, or jaw
- Chest discomfort that includes squeezing, pressure, or pain
Do you know how a heart attack is caused?
Generally, coronary artery disease, also popularly known as atherosclerosis, is considered as the common cause of a heart attack. This happens when fat deposits and other harmful substances build up in the inner lining of the artery overtime. This fatty build-up is referred to as plaque. In cases where one of the plaques crack, a blood clot tends to form which can then block the artery and eventually result in a heart attack.
Proven ways to improve your heart health
Minimize the risk of a heart attack and keep your heart strong. Let’s find out the best ways to do that –
1. Eat a heart-healthy diet – Load your platter with fresh fruits and vegetables, nuts, legumes. Include rich sources of omega in your diet. Consume the best superfoods for your heart like avocados, berries, walnuts. Also, limit the intake of salt and sugar, since the regular Indian diets consist of high amounts of both.
2. Manage your blood pressure – High blood pressure or hypertension, is known as the most common risk factor for heart problems. Thus, it’s important to maintain healthy blood pressure levels.
3. Sedentary lifestyle – Zero physical acidity has become a common issue of the modern times, impacting both your physical and mental health. Factually speaking, people who don’t exercise are more likely to get a heart disease compared to people who are active. Staying active will also help in managing your weight, which again is a great way to reduce your chances of developing a heart problem. So, get yourself moving.
4. Improve your cholesterol levels – High cholesterol is your heart’s biggest enemy. Sedentary lifestyle, unhealthy food habits all add up to high cholesterol. Take a step towards not just improving your cholesterol levels but also strengthening your heart health with TrueBasics Heart Omega-3, rightfully known as the cholesterol specialist. It is a scientific innovation made with India’s first clinically researched Superba Krill Oil, that helps improve good cholesterol levels. Not only that, it is also proven for reducing triglyceride levels by 33%. Furthermore, krill oil, being a phospholipid based oil, enables much better absorption of omega-3s in the cells that are needed for essential functions. This is how it effectively enhances the omega-3 index in your body compared to any other source of omega-3.