Fish oil is the oil or fat extracted from fish and is known for its many health benefits. You can consume fish oil either by eating fish or by taking fish oil supplements. Fish Oil is rich in Omega-3, so the consumption of fish oil is highly advisable by doctors and WHO itself.
Omega-3 fatty acids offer several health benefits, and fish oil obtained from the best quality, fatty marine fish is their richest source. It is important to consume Omega-3 in some way or the other because our body does not synthesize these fatty acids by itself and needs external food intake to maintain the required amounts for the body’s normal and healthy functioning.
A few health conditions that can be prevented by the consumption of good quality fish oil supplements rich in Omega-3 fatty acids are:
- Cardiovascular ailments
- Mental health conditions
- Healthy Skin
- Weight management
- Management of symptoms of depression
- Better concentration and attention in kids
- Reduced body pain
- Others include : Eyesight improvement, Inflammation reduction, Healthy pregnancy, Reduction in liver fat, Enhanced cognitive abilities, Better bone health, Reduced swelling
Significant research and studies have gone into the health benefits of fish oil. Here are some areas where the fish oil has been observed to beneficial:
1.. Studies indicate that a significant intake of fish oil can prevent heart attack or heart failure. Either supplements or non-fried fish is recommended to reduce the risks of heart diseases.
2. High dosage of fish oil prevents weight loss in cancer patients. These patients are usually struggling with depression due to prolonged treatment. Depression is a major factor causing weight loss in cancer patients. As proven by research, fish oil enhances mood and helps fight against depression and subsequently the loss of weight.
3. Menstrual pain can be better managed with the intake of fish oil. It is advisable to take fish oil supplements, either with vitamin B12 or vitamin E, for best results. However, if you do not have any of these during your menstruation, fish oil alone can also reduce period pain.